Tuesday 22 November 2011

Should we continue blogging?

Answer: I do not mind.

Blogging has had some great benefits to my work. As an individual, I have gained enormously in terms of efficiency from blogging, due to the fact that my typing prowess is far superior to that of my writing. I am able to produce neater work with near-maximum efficiency, due to the fact that most of the time wasted spent on writing is removed, as well as eliminating the need to rest after a sore wrist. Even more, I am able to edit my work easily and quickly. Instead of having to waste time scratching out and erasing words, and making reminders for improvements later on, I can simply delete the unwanted portion and revise it with little effort in comparison to improving on paper. The only negative impact blogging has had on me is the fact that our computer use at home is on high demand from everyone in the family, though this is easily solved due to the fact that my parents place homework as the no.1 priority for computer use, and I can usually gain access. For me, blogging has been nothing but beneficial to my work.

As an individual, I have gained, but I am not so selfish as to not consider the negative impact it could have on my peers. My typing is far quicker than my writing, however, I know that for many other students, it will be the opposite, so blogging will actually be more time-consuming. It's also quite obvious that many people get distracted from blogging to go on tempting sites such as facebook, twitter, youtube, and possibly much more in the near-unlimited area of the world wide web, I admit, I occasionally have had the same problem. As well, computer screen quality varies, and some can have more harmful effects on the eyes compared to others.

I do not know the exact numbers for negative impacts and positive, so I will not make a decision. My vote can be counted as one for each, or not at all. I do not mind as to whether or not we stop or continue blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment